Talk

Advanced search

CRICUT!!

(7 Posts)
BendydickCuminsnatch Fri 18-Dec-15 19:31:02

I just got a Cricut Air Explore from DH for Xmas (opened our presents to each other early to save on car space over Xmas smile ). So excited!!!

Do you have a cricut? Share tips and pics of things you have made if you like!! smile

Flossyfloof Sat 19-Dec-15 16:10:46

No I haven't got one. Gimme yours. I want it. Not sure you deserve it for opening it early, you could have put the presents on the roof rack.

Bluecarrot Sat 19-Dec-15 21:21:38

I got one! Haven't used it yet though. It's my Xmas gift too (from my kids<cough cough> Came on here to ask for best value vinyl recommendations!

Bluecarrot Sat 19-Dec-15 21:22:15

Pinterest has some awesome ideas btw!

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 19-Dec-15 21:26:54

Haha floss I'm sorry!! I actually did suggest to DH we get a roof rack, but we preferred the early gratification option grin

I've only done the introductory project thing which comes with the machine, and I really want to make mooooore!! It's really awesome to watch. I am scared of the Design Space though. Really have to make lots of things on it now and get to grips with it, otherwise I fear it will be something that gathers dust and isn't used blush

Been trawling Pinterest and Instagram smile want to make banners and all sorts but need to buy materials and that will have to wait till after Xmas!

toomanyeasterbunnies Mon 21-Dec-15 00:39:23

I have one (not the air). Got it for my birthday. It Is fab. Once you get used to it then design space is fine. To start of with get yourself some white card and go mad with snowflakes!!!! Also get some pilot v5 pens. The cricut pens are quite broad so writing tends to look a bit chunky on small items.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 23-Dec-15 11:00:16

Funnily enough I did make some snowflakes out of white card the other day. Almost had a breakdown. My God. A total bastard to get them off the mat without ripping them, and spent about half an hour removing all the bits of card with tweezers! And my mat is all dusty sad And contacted customer support as the card was ripping as the blade was cutting. I was cutting cardstock and had the dial set to 'cardstock', but the man said to set it to 'fabric'. I think I will err on the more delicate side when cutting in the future.
Will persevere though, I ended up with 4 complete snowflakes (cut 8) and I think generally I will be cutting less intricate things in the future. Plus I haven't got my cricut tools, other mats, materials and blades yet so hopefully those will help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now