Talk

Advanced search

This dress ... in light denim?

(10 Posts)
fruitscone Wed 09-Dec-15 17:18:31

de.dawanda.com/product/20937333-schnittmuster-sommerkleid-ameland

I like the look of this dress. It is described as a summer dress and recommended material is 'light weaves'. Could I get away with a finer denim. Not heavy jeansy but a bit firmer than chambray. I want something a bit more wintery for wearing with a long sleeved t shirt underneath.

This will be my first dress. Am I nuts?

Dutchoma Wed 09-Dec-15 20:05:59

Not at all. Light denim should be fine. Check the measurements carefully if you want to wear it over something.

lavendersun Wed 09-Dec-15 21:07:00

Looks lovely and absolutely. Styling reminds me of Merchant and Mills.

I seem to only make M&M stuff for myself these days. The Camber dress a bit similar and I have made that in everything from cotton lawn to harris tweed.

merchantandmills.com/products/patterns/the-camber-set-pattern/

fruitscone Wed 09-Dec-15 21:29:37

Thanks Dutchoma for the reassurance!

Hi lavendersun - you have give me some good advice in the past! I have been browsing the Merchant and Mills patterns and love the look of them. I have had my eye on the Dress Shirt for ages. But I worry I am too chunky for their designs. Somehow I picture sylph-like Kate Moss types in their clothes. I don't really fit that bill!

fruitscone Wed 09-Dec-15 21:30:20

OK the pattern is ordered. Material next.

lavendersun Wed 09-Dec-15 21:36:55

Lovely fruitscone - we will look forward to the photos!!

I love simple unfussy designs in natural things ... I am old and crumpled but who cares grin.

p.s. I am definitely not Kate Moss like.

SecretBondGirl Sun 20-Dec-15 16:52:18

fruitscone how do you order that dress pattern from UK?

fruitscone Sun 20-Dec-15 17:54:42

SecretBondGirl I live in Germany. I am sure if you emailed the shop Schnittreif, they would tell you if they would mail to UK. There are instructions (brief) in German. I would be happy to translate them if you need it. Send me a PM if so.

SecretBondGirl Sun 20-Dec-15 20:43:12

Thanks Fruitscone. I have a go at emailing them and see if my Olevel German is up to the job

fruitscone Mon 21-Dec-15 11:17:27

If you need help with the German let me know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now