Talk

Advanced search

HELP!! Homework to create a star

(17 Posts)
SESthebrave Fri 04-Dec-15 22:33:48

I know this sounds quite simple but I really struggle with this type of thing!
I need to help my 6yo make a star (any material or style) to decorate his classroom. I'd like it to be something that he can actually help make rather than it be my project.

Any ideas? What would you do?

ijustwannadance Fri 04-Dec-15 22:38:04

Can you just cut out a star shape from a piece of card and get him to decorate it, or does it have to be more elaborate?

SESthebrave Fri 04-Dec-15 22:39:41

I think DS wants it to be more elaborate. He wants it to have a "wow" factor to it. I get the feeling he often blends in at school and he wants his star to shine (if you'll pardon the pun!)

DoreenLethal Fri 04-Dec-15 22:41:22

Google origami star. There must be loads of you tube videos.

Akire Fri 04-Dec-15 22:42:32

Got anywhere can pick up twigs/sticks? Grab 5/6 place in star crossing at centre and tie or glue in middle.
Or make a 5 pointed star attaching points together. If you google star made of sticks it shows lots!
Quick easy and bit different

strawberrypenguin Fri 04-Dec-15 22:42:37

Cut out star shape from cereal packet etc. Cover in tin foil and glitter!

lovenancy Fri 04-Dec-15 22:43:51

Hama beads! Google Hama bead stars. They even do a star shaped board smile maybe rd, yellow and green or red & white stripes.

FusionChefGeoff Fri 04-Dec-15 22:43:58

If you go down the origami / 3D route you could cut very small stars out of it and use a glow stick inside it to really make it shine!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 04-Dec-15 22:47:23

there's loads of different origami stars to make.... have a google or search on you tube

Dominanta Star is a 3d type one, made of six segments, but there's no end of different stars

What about twiggy stars...again, check google or pinterest, you just need some whippy twigs and you fold and overlap the twig to get the star shape, if it's especially long you can leave the long end on and make wands!

SESthebrave Fri 04-Dec-15 22:52:51

Thank you - you guys are great smile

Allalonenow Fri 04-Dec-15 22:59:39

Make several cut out or origami stars,then hang them together as a mobile. fsmile

bookbook Fri 04-Dec-15 23:03:38

Wire coat hangers - 2 tied together at right angles , one hook snipped off with wire cutters IYSWIM then tinsel

LongHardStare Fri 04-Dec-15 23:06:37

Get all your craft stuff out and let him get on with it

Tuiles Fri 04-Dec-15 23:13:41

This one looks impressive, but is possible for kids to do with a bit of support. It looks best with paper with contrasting sides.

SESthebrave Sat 05-Dec-15 22:07:26

Thank you for all your suggestions. In the end we made this with sticks from the garden and glitter.

Akire Sat 05-Dec-15 22:57:22

Looks great and that your child helped make it!

SESthebrave Sun 06-Dec-15 23:25:21

Thanks!
(Phew!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now