Talk

Advanced search

Candle Making ?? - What to Buy ?

(5 Posts)
RockinHippy Fri 04-Dec-15 20:57:18

DD13 is smelly candle mad at the moment, is very creative when she puts her mind to it & has a good nose for what she does & doesnt like. So I thought getting her candle making gear for Xmas, would be a great idea.

I don't really want to buy a ready made kit, as I usually find its better to just buy the bits & bobs you need. It's a very long to me since I gave made candles myself, so,I would be grateful on any advice as to what & where to buy

Thank you smile

caroldecker Fri 04-Dec-15 21:08:31

I've found this site very useful for equipment and guides/information.
I use a glass measuring jug for melting wax as easy to clean and cheap.

DameDancealot Fri 04-Dec-15 21:18:39

A thermometer is also a good idea to measure the temperature you put the fragrance oil in at. Another good site is candle-shack.com, I have an online candle shop and get most of my supplies there and they have friendly customer service

Flossyfloof Sat 05-Dec-15 11:54:37

Look at the candle making thread on here.

RockinHippy Sun 13-Dec-15 20:16:45

Sorry I'm so slow to reply (ill with migraine)

That's a big help, thank you thanks

I'm going to order today, I need to avoid the soy wax as she has an allergy, but there are some great tips in links/sites you have posted, I'm a bit confused with wicks, but will try a few different ones. It's only for home use to make votives, as that's the ones she loves & I've been collecting the empty jars for a while.

One question though - with the perfumes, I will buy a few & I can see that she could add aromatherapy oils, which we always have in at home, but can you also use the food grade flavouring/scents ??

TIA & thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now