Talk

Advanced search

What to put on a crochet wishlist

(14 Posts)
Hopefullyhoping Sat 28-Nov-15 11:59:45

I've never done any crocheting before but fancy learning. I'd like to make a blanket or two to donate to the local maternity unit. I'm thinking I might ask for crochet stuff for Christmas - what do I need?

PolterGoose Sat 28-Nov-15 12:41:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hopefullyhoping Sat 28-Nov-15 13:36:41

Thank you. I had no idea there was so much choice. Decisions decisions!

tribpot Sat 28-Nov-15 13:36:45

I like Clover Amour as well, it definitely makes a difference when you've got a nice hook.

You will never run out of projects if you want to help out Woolly Hugs grin but maybe a book to get you started? It's not really necessary, there are tons of tutorials and patterns online, it depends a bit how you like to learn.

You could also ask for a lesson at your local yarn shop if you have one nearby that does crochet lessons? Mine does them quite regularly.

RoosterCogburn Sat 28-Nov-15 13:42:54

I love addi swing hooks, but my friend hates them - hook type is very much personal preference.

I'd ask for yarn or a voucher for woolwarehouse, small sharp scissors, darning needles and stitch markers and a lovely bag to store your latest project in.

tribpot Sat 28-Nov-15 14:37:50

Crochet stitch markers are different from knitting ones, aren't they? (I only have knitting ones). If yes, make sure you specify crochet stitch markers.

PolterGoose Sat 28-Nov-15 14:53:23

Hopefullyhoping Sat 28-Nov-15 18:38:57

Thank you, I wouldn't have known to buy stitch markers

soloula Sat 28-Nov-15 21:46:29

The woolwarehouse sells yarn kits for some of attic24's blankets which you might like. You can get to her shop via her blog attic24.type pad.com . The kits are really nice as the yarn is all coordinated for you. Some come with patterns and there are lots of photos on her blog to help you too smile

soloula Sat 28-Nov-15 21:48:01

Sorry attic24.typepad.com

ginagslovechild Sat 28-Nov-15 21:50:13

I second the attic 24 packs because her tutorials are so easy to understand.

slugseatlettuce Sat 28-Nov-15 21:52:02

SoupDragon Mon 30-Nov-15 19:17:24

I think if I were starting out I would go for one of the colour packs of Stylecraft Special DK.

FredaMayor Thu 03-Dec-15 13:44:05

Twilley's Instant Crochet booklet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now