Talk

Advanced search

I accidentally volunteered to make an Xmas decoration for school concert - please help!

(5 Posts)
Garon Wed 18-Nov-15 12:10:03

I offered to help the extremely over-stretched music teacher at my kids' secondary school - i meant with music but she asked me to make something for a frontispiece for the Christmas concert (which she described as a small, intimate affair, in a nearby church, but not religiousy). Crafty is really not one of my skills! I think it is to go on a table at the front of the stage - so not big - ideally something very simple but effective! Will try to involve some children/YPs if that is not overcomplicating things too much...
I would be very grateful for any ideas!

R0nJ0n Wed 18-Nov-15 12:15:09

I'd go for some kind of arrangement of holly and evergreens, with maybe some gold sprayed pine cones or white candles. I'm sure Pinterest would have loads of ideas.

fruitscone Wed 18-Nov-15 14:12:59

We are doing Christmas decorations and wreaths in nursery at the moment to sell for funds. What looks great is a piece of tree bark (long-ish, curved if possible), line with moss with one chunky candle and some natural materials (cones, acorns, cinammon sticks, star anise stuck in).

soloula Thu 19-Nov-15 16:55:56

Have you looked on Pinterest? Loads of great ideas for DIY Christmas decorations on there smile

Garon Tue 24-Nov-15 21:40:11

OK, thanks I will try to be creative!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now