Talk

Advanced search

Crafty folks of MN, what are you all making lately?

(177 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

lucysmam Mon 16-Nov-15 10:25:17

I'm starting dd2's Snow White dress shortly & wondered what other folks are on with?

Anything Christmassy? smile

MadFestiveGnome Mon 16-Nov-15 10:37:00

I'm making DS some shorts (summer in this part of the world) and bandana bibs, easy to sew and satisfying to make.

Tempted by some sort of dress for myself but think that'll be hard! A Snow White dress sounds lovely.

FattyNinjaOwl Mon 16-Nov-15 10:39:13

Not exactly Christmas, but I'm currently knitting a scarf, then I'm going to knit a hat for DD. So wintery grin

Battleshiphips2 Mon 16-Nov-15 10:45:54

I am making this patchwork quilt for ds2 cot. I'll have him around mid Feb. Also knitting him a blanket and will be starting on a patchwork cover for his car seat in the next day or so.

SilverDragonfly1 Mon 16-Nov-15 10:47:23

Making a 1/12th scale christmas market which I hope will be a family decoration for many years to come smile

Also some crochet fruit and veg for people who've asked for them for their toddlers.

Dowser Mon 16-Nov-15 10:48:28

Jewellery.

MunchMunch Mon 16-Nov-15 10:51:00

I've got 3 crochet blankets on the go (my own designs) as well as doing squares to make a big throw from The Art of Crochet part works.

Dowser Mon 16-Nov-15 10:52:24

Sorry posted too soon, it's wrapped sea glass and crystal beads all joined together with macramé.

Each piece is very individual and unique.

I've experimented with clay as the centre piece . Both necklaces looked beautiful but the two clay pieces broke so back the drawing board...and gutted. One was purple, the other blue. The sea glass one is green

ProcrastinatorGeneral Mon 16-Nov-15 11:03:29

Currently have a Harry Potter house scarf on the needles, I have another house scarf, a rainbow scarf and a green Sarah & Duck hat to get done before Christmas.

Please excuse me, I need to knit!

<runs away>

Battleshiphips2 Mon 16-Nov-15 11:07:48

I feel a bit vintage when I start doing anything crafty. I told a friend how I was sewing my patchwork quilt and listening to miss marple on the radio, she looked at me like I was mad and told me I was born in the wrong era grin

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Nov-15 11:10:16

I'm currently making a crochet bunny, a knitted pterodactyl and a knitted octopus wearing footie kit. I'm not very good at having one thing on the go at time.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Mon 16-Nov-15 11:11:50

If your WIP basket isn't heaving it's a wasted opportunity to buy shiny things!

FattyNinjaOwl Mon 16-Nov-15 11:13:03

My DD would love a pterodactyl! Unfortunately I've never attempted to make anything more exciting than mittens grin I'm self taught and have only mastered the basics.

RavenRose Mon 16-Nov-15 11:13:16

I'm making lots of lace snowflakes. The plan is to use a blizzard if them to curtain the windows. So far I've done about 20 so there's a long way to go. Here's a couple of them. They just need the backing washing away now

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Nov-15 11:15:11

I'm a beginner too-you only need to be able to increase and decrease for the pterodactyl fattyninjaowl. There are other dinosaur patterns in the booklet...I'll see if I can find a link.

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Nov-15 11:16:32

www.jeangreenhowe.com/toy.html

ZombieJenna Mon 16-Nov-15 11:24:48

I've just finished a scarf for a friend's birthday present. Now have a pair of gloves, 2 hats and another scarf to do for Christmas presents. Not to mention DH's long awaited gansey which looks more like a neck warmer than a jumper at the moment blush

FattyNinjaOwl Mon 16-Nov-15 11:24:51

Thank you, have bookmarked to look at later when the baby isnt grizzling at me grin

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Nov-15 11:30:20

No problem at all! I love the Jean Greenhowe booklets, they have the most random collection of things in them and they remind me of what my nan used to knit.

kelper Mon 16-Nov-15 11:36:33

A hat which isn't going well, a blanket which is annoying me, and a scarf which is knitted and I can't knit very well (the rest is crochet)
I want to try crocheting animals though....

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Nov-15 11:42:49

If you fancy crocheting animals the Edward's ménagerie book is wonderful. I already have alpaca yarn for making an alpaca when I'm done with my current projects (at least one of them anyway!).

ChatEnOeuf Mon 16-Nov-15 11:52:55

Cross-stitching for Love Quilts UK. Rainbow theme, needs to be finished by next week!

LollipopViolet Mon 16-Nov-15 12:06:31

I'm making a patchwork blanket for a friend and her DD to snuggle under together. 15 rows of 10 4 inch squares, I have 6 done and sewn together. Just trying to decide how to make it thicker and more snuggly - any suggestions? smile

I'll post a photo of what I've got so far a bit later.

Dawndonnaagain Mon 16-Nov-15 12:10:50

I'm making snowflake beanies.

Dawndonnaagain Mon 16-Nov-15 12:11:43

No idea why picture didn't post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now