Talk

Advanced search

MIL wants to buy me a sewing machine. Help!

(2 Posts)
TheGruffaloFish Fri 13-Nov-15 20:37:19

My sewing experience is limited to attempting to fix the DC's clothes. At the moment, I have MIL's machine on loan. She wants it back and has decided to get me one for Christmas! She took me into the shop to see two models and to ask which I prefer. There was a long discussion with the shop owner, most of which went over my head blush. Basically, she is offering me a choice of two. One is electronic (Elna lotus) the other mechanical (Elna 3210). She clearly prefers the 3210, but I very much suspect that it is because it is closer to the one she has and because it's not electronic "like everything seems to be these days"!

I would like at some point to make a quilt for DD and a dress for myself. I don't know it this is crazy dreamland though...as I said, I don't know the first thing about proper sewing.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

DD(3) much preferred the lotus because she could press the start stop button and with the other couldn't reach the pedal!

JimmyCorkhill Fri 13-Nov-15 20:45:09

i have the Janome j3-24. I recommended it to a friend and she is extremely pleased with how easy it is to use, but also with how many things you can do with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now