Talk

Advanced search

May I ask a question about felt fabric and sewing in on to crochet?

(6 Posts)
NotAnotheChinHair Tue 10-Nov-15 07:00:36

Hello. I am a knitter and a crocheter but can't sew at all. I have almost completed crocheting what was going to be a cushion cover, but it is SO beautiful and it's been such an effort, that I want to make it into a tube type snood so the whole world can see it. I feel it's only fair grin.

I would like to line it in lush felt fabric so it feels amazing against your skin and it's actually warm. I have two questions:

Could anyone link me to an actual website and the actual felt that will work? I work full time and don't have local fabric shops so I'm going to have to buy online and I don't want a cheap disappointing fabric that won't last or feel right against skin.

Do you have any tips as to how to sew the felt onto the crochet? Luckily I have not crocheted onto a tube, right now it's just a rectangle.

Cheers all!! grin

WidowWadman Tue 10-Nov-15 07:13:25

Do you mean felt or fleece? Fleece or a nice Jersey probably would feel nicer. Use a ballpoint needle when sewing any knits.

Footle Tue 10-Nov-15 07:27:43

I wouldn't be able to wear any old felt next to my skin ( I'm the original Princess and the Pea ). I'd look for a cashmere sweater in a charity shop and use that as backing. Or wet-felt some Blue Faced Leicester, and needle-felt the crochet on to it - could you find a felting course and make a weekend of it ? You don't say what yarn you've used for your beautiful rectangle though.

HolgerDanske Tue 10-Nov-15 07:31:33

Yes I'd say you need fleece.

No help on the question though, sorry.

NotAnotheChinHair Tue 10-Nov-15 11:36:35

I can't even believe I said felt, several times too. I meant polar fleece as some of you guessed!!

NotAnotheChinHair Tue 10-Nov-15 17:56:31

Polar fleece it is then, so what sort of quality should I be after?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now