Talk

Advanced search

Glue ponderings for wall stickers

(3 Posts)
RoganJosh Sat 03-Oct-15 19:47:31

My DD has wall stickers up that match her curtains and seem to be out of stock now. We want to paint her room but keep the stickers. I'm wondering if I take them down if I could glue them back up. I'm a bit clueless as to what adhesive might work though.
I'd seen that spray mount is repositionable, but that might just be for the first 12 hours? Ideally I'd like something where we can remove the stickers in a few years without destroying the paint on the walls.

RoganJosh Tue 20-Oct-15 19:47:32

Anyone got any ideas? Pleeease? smile

IamnotaspoonIamafork Thu 22-Oct-15 10:29:23

I think you might have to resign yourself to some paint damage! I've used re-positionable spray adhesive, to attach fabric to glass doors, and would probably use it again to attach designs to a painted wall. I think it would mean you could remove the stickers, but I would expect a residue at best on the wall afterwards...

Any chance you could put the stickers onto wardrobe doors or similar? That surface would probably be less risky than adhering to paint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now