Ideas for a holiday crochet project please.

(10 Posts)
HookedOnHooking Mon 17-Aug-15 12:34:45

7 days in the sunshine sitting by a pool and on a beach. Lovely but I have the attention span of a teabag and will be bored after 37 minutes.

So I have pretty yarn and need a project.

Any ideas please?

m0gz Mon 17-Aug-15 13:12:57

I get bored easily doing blankets so what about a shawl or cover up? I did a goddess or Aphrodite shawl recently that was lovely ( not sure how much yarn you need for it as I used up an old stash)

PolterGoose Mon 17-Aug-15 16:42:52

I've just made my second variation of the Attic24 crochet bag which is a fairly portable project.

PurpleDaisies Mon 17-Aug-15 16:47:25

Another attic24 fan here. I'd do the bower bird mobile.

attic24.typepad.com/weblog/bower-bird.html

TheyreMadITellYouMaaaad Mon 17-Aug-15 17:24:03

Look on Ravelry.

I envy Ravelry grin

MiaowTheCat Mon 17-Aug-15 19:57:13

If that's the Hobbycraft WI 4 ply - trying to do the Attic bird in that drove me round the bloody twist!

I'd do loads of flowers and hearts to finish twee-ifying our summer house - but that's just me (and my ongoing "any yarn that pisses me off" project)

SoupDragon Tue 18-Aug-15 12:20:37

If it's acrylic yarn, it may not react well to humidity. I tried to use Stylecraft Special in Antigua and it was sneaky, sticky and truly horrid. I could only crochet indoors. I used cotton last year and it was muchbetter.

How much yarn is there? Do you want a whole project or a modular one?

I would have thought a bag was a good project so the Attic 24 one would be a good suggestion - check the yardage etc as I believe it comes up huge!

honeysucklejasmine Tue 18-Aug-15 12:26:32

Puff flower blanket? Each one only takes a few minutes so easy to pick up and put down.

HookedOnHooking Tue 18-Aug-15 12:35:43

My second ever projectwas the attic24 bag. It is enormous and holds my massive yarn collection.
Possibly i'll just do squares or something. Will look at a puff flower. Or birds/hearts/ flowers?

MrsEvadneCake Tue 18-Aug-15 12:46:02

Stars?

Owls?

Beanie hats?

25 mini projects

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now