Talk

Advanced search

Dry felting -what can we make?

(6 Posts)
Flossyfloof Mon 10-Aug-15 18:33:06

I have just learned how to do dry felting and want to teach others in a small workshop. I have used Colinette Point 5 wool which is beautifully textured and simply laid it across the sheet of felt. I might get it framed up. I need to think of something though that we can virtually finish in an hour and a half. I thought about cutting the felt into squares and making coasters? Or doing this and cutting it later into heart - shaped coasters?
I really like crafting but I am not great at design and ideas.

SoupDragon Tue 11-Aug-15 11:16:55

Can you decorate a rectangle that can then be folded into a phone case? You'd need a rectangle about 2.5 times the length of the phone and a bit wider plus some kind of fastening (butting plus loop, Velcro, press slug, magnetic closure etc)

SoupDragon Tue 11-Aug-15 11:17:27

Do NOT press a slug, it really isn't recommended. Use a press STUD instead ;)

Flossyfloof Tue 11-Aug-15 17:58:34

Now you tell me! I have been sourcing the very best pressing slugs all afternoon! (With little joy, I must say). I love the idea of buttings too!
Great idea, thank you

SoupDragon Tue 11-Aug-15 20:14:36

I bloody hate Autocorrect...

SoupDragon Tue 11-Aug-15 20:16:58

A basic envelope type case is easy to make to any size phone/tablet/kindle so should be good for anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now