Talk

Advanced search

Any idea if I could earn some money from my photoshopping (photos inc)

(11 Posts)
Rjae Sat 08-Aug-15 12:04:05

If so, where? Website? Facebook? How to advertise?

If not where can I share images with like minded nerds talented folk grin

I could still improve photos with a little tidying but they are just experiments.

Rjae Sat 08-Aug-15 12:06:14

You can criticise (nicely please) smile

Floggingmolly Sat 08-Aug-15 12:06:37

No idea, but that's really good!

Rjae Sat 08-Aug-15 15:24:56

Thank you. I love doing it and have made some lovely ones with DC and nephews and nieces which are obviously private. I would love to give parents a special photo of their child.

scribblegirl Sat 08-Aug-15 15:28:23

I know nothing about this, but perhaps you could work in collaboration with photographers?

catkind Sat 08-Aug-15 15:33:47

Etsy? Ebay? Local parenting fb groups? Maybe do a range of framed prints so it's marketed as a gift thing and people feel they're getting something tangible.

Rjae Sat 08-Aug-15 15:42:32

The thought of faffing about with frames and printing fills me with horror, but I know it's what similar websites offer. Also cards and Christmas gifts, but I just want to offer a unique photo that people can do what they like with.

Never thought of eBay as its a service more than a product, but I'll have a look. I've got a crap printer so would have to shell out which I don't want to do.

Where would I find a local Facebook page?

I think I've registered with easy or something similar but not sure how it all works for selling.

It's only the creative thing I want to do tbh, but I'll look at eBay etc. thanks

Would you pay £15 for a personalised photo that took 3 hours to construct? Or is that excessive?

Rjae Sat 08-Aug-15 15:43:38

I would be a bit shy of approaching photographers as they do their own thing really, judging by our experience.

ARV1981 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:07:59

I think your work is really well done.

I think you could/should charge more than £15 a print tbh - especially if printing and framing the work as well.

Talking of printing, have you looked at using the services of a digital printing company rather than buying a new printer? It might put the cost up slightly for you, but it would presumably be better quality and of course help you gauge the reaction/market without spending a fortune on new kit.

I second etsy as a good place to sell, also Not on the High Street. I wouldn't bother trying to set up your own website just yet - again for similar reasons as I suggest you don't buy a printer yet... cost, but also etsy, and NOTHS already have high volumes of web traffic which means your work has a much higher chance of being seen by interested buyers than a hidden away website nobody's heard of.

HTH and good luck with this!

TheoriginalLEM Tue 11-Aug-15 09:11:16

you need to photoshop pics of celebreties and politicians, preferably to make them guilty of something scandalous - your millions will be made!

But seriously - they look great.

Rjae Sat 15-Aug-15 20:16:59

Brilliant Ideas...thank you!

I will start looking into it. Much much better idea to use a digital printing company to get better quality prints. My Epson is rubbish.

And thank you for the kind words especially as those are not my better prints, but they have family kiddies in them so I can't print them.

Someone also suggested the school fayre and donate 30% of the cost back to the school, which does appeal to me.

Definitely NO celebrities in compromising situations grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now