Talk

Advanced search

Need to convert photos into black and white (no greys) for Cricut

(4 Posts)
Rjae Thu 06-Aug-15 09:20:47

I want to make stencils but need the images to be only black and white so the machine cuts cleanly. I have photoshop 10 but black and white photos are no good as there are too many greys.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I've tried lots of filters but none create clear black and white images.

MrsMummyPig Sun 09-Aug-15 11:02:47

Think you need silhouette photo shop. I've heard of it but don't know how it works.

TheUnwillingNarcheska Sun 16-Aug-15 23:03:12

In Silhouette cameo software (like the cricut but you use a computer to tell the machine what to cut) you "trace" the image.

Silhouette cameo is blind, it just sees shading not colours so if you are just cutting, not printing you trace the outline of the image or trace the whole thing.

I am sure with photoshop <dusts off memory> that there is a tool to do that with.

Does that help?

Rjae Mon 17-Aug-15 20:44:29

I'm not sure unwilling. I will google it and look into it all.

I've tried things in photoshop and some images, like a leopard were perfect but the same fiddling with filters of a normal snapshot of a dog, was rubbish. Will try the cameo silhouette thing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now