Talk

Advanced search

Colouring books for 7 - 9s (girls)

(5 Posts)
Crinkly1 Fri 17-Jul-15 09:32:50

Hello, I'm new to mumsnet, so please be kind and forgive any bloopers!
Wondered if anyone could give some advice... It's not for children of my own, it's for some little girls I sponsor overseas through a charity - I want to send them a little gift and I can't think what they'd like! But I don't have any experience of girls that age - they're 7, 8 and 9. I've been told that sponsor children love things like stickers, colouring books and pretty notebooks, but I don't want to send anything that looks babyish to them. Or on the other hand, too 'old and boring'! Any mums of little girls able to give me some pointers? The gifts have got to be 'paper', and fit in an A5 envelope. Thanking you in advance! smile

theconstantvacuumer Fri 17-Jul-15 09:38:16

Have a look at Depesche colouring books on Amazon.

Stationery from Paperchase has always been popular with my nieces.

Crinkly1 Fri 17-Jul-15 10:10:17

Sorry, me again - I made a mistake, it can be anything paper-based that fits in an A4 envelope, so that's bigger and gives me a bit more scope! Suggestions welcomed! smile

Ausflug Fri 17-Jul-15 10:20:55

Buster colouring/activity books are good - you can get them on Amazon. Sometimes they have a 4 for £10 deal (usually they are £5 each).

They have names like "The girl's colouring book", "the girl's holiday colouring book", "the fairytales colouring book", which might put some people off (they also do ones aimed at boys, and I think there are also some which have more unisex titles!). But they are good quality paper and attractive, detailed intricate designs.

Crinkly1 Sat 18-Jul-15 09:17:03

Thanks, I've checked those out and they're really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now