Talk

Advanced search

What to do with old cross stitch magazines and patterns

(4 Posts)
ineedaholidaynow Sun 05-Jul-15 12:38:41

I am having a de-clutter, and have found a collection of old cross stitch magazines and also hundreds of patterns I had cut out of other magazines. There are so many I would have to live to be about 500 to make them all blush
Should I just put them in the recycling or do you think a charity shop would take some of them?

TheHouseOnBellSt Mon 06-Jul-15 07:26:35

Oh give them to charity or to your nearest retirement home.

SassyPumpkins Sat 01-Aug-15 21:40:25

A charity shop would most likely take them, but it's best to ask before donating because if they don't or aren't allowed, they will throw them out. If you are happy to give them away, you could put on your local free cycle that they are free to good home. Alternatively think of donating to a nursing home or even a rehab, or maybe low security prison. Alternatively, check and see if there are any craft clubs in your area, they would love free patterns too. These are just a few places that came to mind, but I'd go with free cycle for ease or nursing home because I know so many of the elderly there are so bored, and often have the skills to do the crafts and lots of spare time.

Hope this helps,

Sassy.

GoooRooo Mon 03-Aug-15 09:18:08

Flog the patterns on eBay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now