Talk

Advanced search

Possibly the best pattern ever ever ever!

(13 Posts)
ProcrastinatingPat Sun 21-Jun-15 10:03:21

It's the Colette Moneta!
I love it. It's such a gorgeous silhouette and so easy to make. Also the variations are endless.

Has anyone else tried it.

theconstantvacuumer Sun 21-Jun-15 14:08:14

I'm considering it although I'm not one for fitted styles like the top. But it looks good on all the photos of various sized ladies I've seen.

ProcrastinatingPat Sun 21-Jun-15 16:08:15

Well I'm a hefty hector and I think it's flattering. Especially if u get the fabric to drape nicely

AnthonyPandy Sun 21-Jun-15 18:26:27

Do you have to have a special machine to use jersey fabric? I remember when I bought mine I was asked if I was going to use jersey and I said no. I really like the look of the dress but would prefer it in a cotton fabric.

ProcrastinatingPat Sun 21-Jun-15 18:29:41

I made my first with a regular machine just zig zagged the edges. As long as u have a double neddle for the hems it's dead easy.

Tangerineandturquoise Wed 24-Jun-15 14:32:57

Most machines will have a stretch stitch and some will have more than one-on your machine stitch guide it will look like a zig zag and you may have one that looks like saw teeth or lightening bolts.

I have the pattern but have yet to put it together.

fruitscone Thu 25-Jun-15 04:48:47

what's a double needle for the hems (sewing novice face) - I like the look of this a lot.

fruitscone Thu 25-Jun-15 04:59:51

OK just googled it. I am now all the wiser (and scared of sewing knits, even though I really want to)

lavendersun Thu 25-Jun-15 17:50:16

I bought this pattern in March - still sat here waiting to see the light of day.

Good to know that you like it Procrastinating. I will report in if ever I do make it.

Tangerineandturquoise Thu 25-Jun-15 20:08:51

I wouldn't be scared of a double needle, but if you are you could sew the hemline twice it just wont look as "finished"

RandomMess Thu 25-Jun-15 20:13:02

That would look awful on me sad

fruitscone Fri 26-Jun-15 08:11:45

Does the needle stop it fraying or is it just to make the seam stretchy? Would I need to zigzag all the edges first before making up (no overlocker)?

ShyGirlie Thu 02-Jul-15 07:24:15

this looks lovely! would a beginner be able to do it?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now