Advanced search

What's this quilt block?

(5 Posts)
Hexiegone Sat 20-Jun-15 14:32:17

I have seen a beautiful quilt and would like to think about making one but I can't for the life of me find the name of it - I'd like to see a pattern or at least a picture before I attempt it (my memory's not that good and there's no hope of seeing the quilt again).

Along the row is a fat rectangle, a sort of sash strip, a fat rectangle, another sash, etc. The next row is the same but shifted along half a space, like brickwork (I've tried googling that, it doesn't work) but the rectangles are much fatter than bricks, IYSWIM.

In the one I saw the vertical rows were done in the same colour so each fat rectangle was joined with a sash strip of the same colour. Inside the rectangles was a square (or rectangle perhaps) of a contrasting colour/pattern. I think it was mainly done in plains apart from the little squares.

Does anyone have any idea?

Sgtmajormummy Sat 20-Jun-15 14:54:18

It sounds like some nifty Rail Fence design with the top two rectangles made into squares. smile
This is just the simplest version with a 90 degree turn.

Hexiegone Sat 20-Jun-15 17:01:24

Ah, thank you, Sgtmajor. I googled rail fence variations and saw this which is quite like it but without the green bits.

Hexiegone Sun 21-Jun-15 15:12:57

Ah ha! I think it's a variation of a chain linked quilt smile

Sgtmajormummy Sun 21-Jun-15 15:21:23


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: