Talk

Advanced search

Sewing patterns

(8 Posts)
EATmum Sun 08-Feb-15 23:46:09

So I'm making my second garment/pattern from Tilly and the Buttons. I really like the pattern quality (not tissue paper but sturdy) and the clear instructions. I've only been sewing, when I can, for about a year so clear instructions help! What other patterns/makes would I like do you think? Advice much appreciated!

lavendersun Mon 09-Feb-15 17:22:53

All of the pattern makers have an easy section. I have been sewing for a long time but still look for simple patterns because I sew for relaxation and my wardrobe is fairly simple.

My current favourite dress for me is this

www.simplicity.com/p-12111-misses-and-miss-petite-dress-or-jumper.aspx

Skirt patterns

www.simplicity.com/p-8190-misses-amazing-fit-skirt.aspx

www.simplicity.com/p-6124-misses-skirts.aspx

They are all easy. I am just about to finish another of the dresses, I will try to take a photo - four hours including hand finishing and overlocking everything.

poppyinstitches Mon 09-Feb-15 22:46:59

Very easy Vogue, Colette Pattern and Gather Kits are all brilliant. Well explained and Colette & Gather have on line help.

Toomanyexams Mon 09-Feb-15 22:55:43

If you want to sew for your DC, Oliver+s patterns are lovely and have excellent instructions. You can learn a lot if technique from them.
Here is a link to a UK seller
www.backstitch.co.uk/shop-by/designer/oliver-s.html

EATmum Tue 10-Feb-15 06:40:22

Thank you! I've been looking at some Collette patterns - maybe I'll try one of those next. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Thumbcat Tue 10-Feb-15 17:59:32

Definitely Colette. Also try By Hand London, Megan Neilsen & Deer & Doe.

EATmum Tue 10-Feb-15 18:18:29

It's nice to support the independent labels - they're more expensive but I've liked the patterns I've had so far. Will look out for some of these brands - thanks!

goshhhhhh Wed 11-Feb-15 09:31:33

Hot patterns is a new find. Short on instructions but do have videos on line.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: