Talk

Advanced search

T-shirt yarn

(7 Posts)
MummyMcBride Sat 07-Feb-15 09:44:18

Hi
Have seen a lots of cool projects with t-shirt yarn on pinterest. Have anyone any experience working with the yarn? And do you know where to find a good online seller?

Lifesalemon Sat 07-Feb-15 20:22:16

Hi, not sure about online seller unless woolwarehouse or deramores have it. I use them for ordinary yarn and they are both good.
As for the yarn, I got a zpagetti crochet bag kit for christmas and I am really struggling with it. I was going to start a thread about it to ask for advice as I cannot seem to be able to get my tension consistent. A wooden hook came with the kit but I have also tried a metal one and for me its no better. I think I am going to have a go at knitting with it instead unless anyone has any tips for crochet. I was really looking forward to using it too as like you said there are some really great projects.

curlimum Sat 07-Feb-15 20:26:04

Isn't t-shirt yarn just old t-shirt ripped or cut into a continuous strip and used as yarn? Could be thinking of something else, but you should be able to find plenty of tutorials on pinterest on how to make your own.

Lifesalemon Sat 07-Feb-15 23:34:00

I think you can make your own curlimum but you can buy reels of it too.

MummyMcBride Sun 08-Feb-15 18:07:09

Thanks for your replies I found a nice selection on ebay, don't know why I didn't try to look there before now, and they were cheaper than the one's from wool warehouse.
The brand is called tek tek and seems to get very good reviews.
I have purchased a few bobbins, looking forward to knit a couple of cushions next weekend.

Lifesalemon Sun 08-Feb-15 23:20:49

Sounds fab, Let us know how it goes. I'm going to give up on the crochet and see if I have more luck with knitting with it.

SoupDragon Mon 09-Feb-15 10:17:24

From a tension point of view, I imagine you'd need to avoid pulling the yarn too much or it will stretch. Maybe going gently is the way - I've not actually used T Shirt yarn though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: