Advanced search

What is the best yarn for a blanket, nothing too £££; though!

(6 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Fri 30-Jan-15 17:39:22

I want to make a double bed sized blanket for our bed. It needs to be easy to look after, wash and wear well and not be too £££ as it be a huge beast when it's finished.

I'm thinking of maybe stylecraft special dk (my usual yarn of choice) or maybe Caron simply soft - because there's plenty of colours available.

I'd like to have red and then blues and neutrals to match the curtains. This is the fabric.

What would you recommend?

Lifesalemon Fri 30-Jan-15 18:45:04

Love the fabric.
I haven't used the Caron but I'm using the stylecraft at the moment and I am quite impressed with it for acrylic yarn. I've just had a look at the Caron though and the colours are lovely.
Would the Attic 24 stylecraft coastal yarn pack give you the right colours as it may work out cheaper and then a couple of balls of red to work in with it.

Lifesalemon Fri 30-Jan-15 18:46:40

Sorry its 'coast' not coastal.

Suddengeekgirl Fri 30-Jan-15 19:47:47

I like the coastal pack but there's too many colours that I don't really want - dark brown and turquoise shades.

I think I want pale blue, mid blue, grey, beige and cream/ white. And the red.

The pattern is on the cover of this book - but I'm changing the colours.

Lifesalemon Fri 30-Jan-15 20:24:30

That pattern looks fab!
Think you are right about the colours. Defenitely too many different ones in the pack for that pattern. The colours you like sound great. Could you maybe just buy two balls of the Caron yarn if you haven't used it before and then if you decide that the stylecraft is better you haven't wasted much but if its nice you can then order the rest of what you need.

Suddengeekgirl Mon 02-Feb-15 06:34:24

Any other suggestions for good yarn would be great. The caron simply soft is proving to be hard to get hold of the right colours. And the stylecraft shades aren't quite right.
[fuss pot emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now