Talk

Advanced search

20 stitches left and husband drops coke on it

(10 Posts)
Muststopworrying Fri 30-Jan-15 11:36:21

Done a Kate and lizzie 12 month calendar cross stitch. Got about 20 stitches left to do on it and what does my husband go and do!!!! Knocked a pint glass of coke over it!!!!!! I stood and just said ' 20 stitches' I have dried it and moped up most but can anyone offer any advice? I have used dmc threads. Husband is still alive just and I think at least another week of tea duties will start the forgiving process smile

Patilla Fri 30-Jan-15 11:40:38

Oh no you poor thing! Is it worth soaking it in cold water?

Muststopworrying Fri 30-Jan-15 13:47:51

Shall try that Patilla. Thank you for you suggestion.

Scoopmuckdizzy Fri 30-Jan-15 13:52:43

LTB

PeaceOfWildThings Fri 30-Jan-15 13:52:47

LTB?

Cold water might help. DDMC should be colourfast and not shrink...but what type of AIDA (or whatever that fabric is called?) Some types of that are held together with glue and might not withstand getting wet.

Poledra Fri 30-Jan-15 13:56:30

I wouldn't LTB - I'd bloody kill 'im!!

No helpful advice, sorry...

Muststopworrying Fri 30-Jan-15 14:49:22

LTB????? Done on linen so can get wet. Good job as the coke would have dissolved it!!!!! Getting great delight at the moment to be honest watching him squirm everyone I go near the sewing! !!!! Daughter is making me laugh as every so often she goes "step away from the coke dad' lol

Poledra Fri 30-Jan-15 14:54:40

LTB - Leave the Bastard

PeaceOfWildThings Fri 30-Jan-15 14:57:28

Salt might help to remove and coke stain (only in cold water).

LTB = Leave The Bastard in MN parlance, in case you don't frequent to shadier threads. wink Sounds like he's providing some family entertainment at least, lol.

Muststopworrying Fri 30-Jan-15 16:09:54

Lol love it!!!!!! Have to say he is golden most of the time. Not a week goes by where he does something that causes what I call 'tena lady moments'. So glad he doesn't know how to work my phone and read the text messages that I send to my best mate each night!!!!! Must be true love though as married after 20 days and still going strong 20 years later!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: