Talk

Advanced search

Can any of you recommend a decent pattern drafting book for about a tenner?

(8 Posts)
lucysmam Wed 28-Jan-15 10:53:05

Or even online tutorials would be good. smile

lucysmam Mon 02-Feb-15 17:09:30

anyone smile

Inthedarkaboutfashion Tue 03-Feb-15 14:56:44

Ask on the sewing forum (Google the sewing forum). You might get a better response because everyone on there is interested in sewing or needlework.

lucysmam Tue 03-Feb-15 15:13:55

Good thinking batman! I signed up last week & promptly forgot about it grin

SilverHawk Wed 04-Feb-15 20:55:19

I can recommend two books but they are not around the £10 mark.

Pattern Cutting made easy by Gillian Holman is the cheaper,
Designing Patterns, a fresh approach to pattern cutting by Hilary Campbell, quite pricey but a good buy.

lucysmam Wed 04-Feb-15 21:07:05

I'll have a look, thanks Silver, I've got £20 left of my birthday money from my dad so if they're more than that I can put towards.

I used to be able to make a pattern to do what I wanted, 15 ish years of not making my own pattern or sewing seems to have erased my memory confused

SilverHawk Wed 04-Feb-15 21:16:40

Another one that is very useful is 'A guide to Adjusting and Altering Vintage sewing patterns'. Don't be misled by the title, it's a very good sound primer.
I got mine off ebay The Vintage Pattern Shop. It's a good first call.

lucysmam Wed 04-Feb-15 21:34:27

Thank - you, I appreciate your recommendations. I'd like to get back to where I was ability wise before I gave up because of a machine I couldn't get along with (of all bloody things confused ).

Thankfully I can still make an item reasonably well. Just patterns have me foxed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: