Advanced search

Quick help needed - what do I do with this bit of felted cashmere (picture)

(14 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Tue 27-Jan-15 11:24:24

I'm Kondo ing (throwing stuff out) and today is throw out craft crap you don't need. I accidentally shrunk a cashmere jumper and its felted lovely - the front of the jumpers no good as it's got paint on it but there's a 15 by 10 inch square on the back before it tapers (plus sleeves)

lynniep Tue 27-Jan-15 11:35:15

LaurieFairyCake Tue 27-Jan-15 11:42:24

Too small for one I'd use.

Have you ever done a felted animal thingy? I haven't but I think they look lovely.

SoupDragon Tue 27-Jan-15 13:29:30

If the sleeves are a wearable size, you can make nice wrist warmers out of them. Just cut to length and cut a thumb hole in, basically. May require some hemming or neatening of edges.

Can you sew motifs on the paint splattered side to make use of that side too? Somehow using up any other craft crap you are throwing out smile

SoupDragon Tue 27-Jan-15 13:30:54

Can you make a small bunny bag for the Woolly Hugs Easter craft sale? Then not only is the craft crap out of your house, the end result is too!

CRbear Tue 27-Jan-15 21:02:28

If you want to do an animal, what about this? I bet it would lovely with the felted cashmere.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 28-Jan-15 10:22:12

I love the look of that teeny bunny, it's gorgeous smile

Soup - what's a bunny bag? I don't actually know what Wooly Hugs is and I'm not likely good ebough at sewing for someone else to want it grin

SoupDragon Wed 28-Jan-15 11:14:17

A bag in the shape of a bunny grin

SoupDragon Wed 28-Jan-15 11:14:55

Bag. Bunny ears. Appliqued face.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 28-Jan-15 11:20:31

Just, why? confused

For very small children?

SoupDragon Wed 28-Jan-15 11:27:00

StainlessSteelCat Wed 28-Jan-15 11:27:18

Bunny bag for craft sale is lovely idea smile

I've seen some lovely slippers made from felted jumper sleeves: felt for the soles, arms turn into the top of the foot and leg.

Use the square for the back of a cushion cover - I think I read this idea on the Attic24 blog.

Disclaimer: whenever I have a good idea for using up odds and ends of material I end up buying more ... the bunny bag is a much better fit with the plan to declutter!

SoupDragon Wed 28-Jan-15 11:29:47

Bunny bag.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 28-Jan-15 12:17:54

Oh that's much better than the ones I found on Pinterest - that's so cute Soup smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now