Talk

Advanced search

Chair upholstery - can anone do it?

(4 Posts)
nancy75 Sat 24-Jan-15 21:55:15

Hello art & crafters! I have an occasional chair that need re upholstering. Now me and a needle get on as well as a fish and a bicycle so I am looking for some advice��
I was wondering if any of you have a vague idea of the cost of having a chair covered and of you live near by (se London) if you would like to give me a quote for the work.

reindeesandchristmastrees Sat 24-Jan-15 22:27:17

Be just done the seat pad on a nursing chair and I'm so get proud of myself!!!! I took the old material off, had a good look at the shape of it, did a rough cut and then (armed with trusty staple gun) had a go. I then used my glue gun to attach braid to cover the staples - it looks fab!
I didn't even google how to do it, but certainly have a go. Whole thing cost me less than a tenner

nancy75 Sat 24-Jan-15 22:37:38

Thank you for the idea, but seriously if me and a staple gun are in the same room one of us is likely to end up in A&E!! The chair I have was probably expensive when it was bought (have borrowed it from my parents loft grin) so I don't want to have a go in case I properly bugger it up. I really can't express how bad I am at this sort of stuff grin

skylark2 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:57:59

What sort of chair is it? If it's a wooden one with an inset seat pad, they're really easy (and any messy bits are underneath anyway so don't show).

I don't have a staple gun - when I did this I used upholstery tacks which you just hammer in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: