Talk

Advanced search

anyone else have a problem with thread breaking constantly on Brother LS14 machine?

(3 Posts)
Jennyjanuary Sun 11-Jan-15 15:27:47

I have checked and rechecked and doublechecked the tension and tried various numbers but it seems to make no difference.It was fine for the first 6 months I had the machine but now this has rendered the machine useless...I simply cannot solve it.I have googled/youtubed etc and tried everything suggested by people.Has anyone else had this...am wondering if it is a quirk of the machine.I am thinking of trading up for a better one.Is it woth getting a machine with a needle threader? I have difficulty threading due to failing eyesight old gimmer here grin.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Sun 11-Jan-15 17:06:41

What thread are you using? Cheap or old thread has a tendency to break in most machines. Buy some guttermann or coats thread and try that. You also need to use the same thread in the top as you are using in the bobbin as using different threads can cause tension problems.

Jennyjanuary Mon 12-Jan-15 12:41:29

Oh that's interesting inthedark.I have good quality thread in the top spool but it is a different type in the bobbin I think alright.Blimey,you may have hit the problem.Thanksthanks.I will try changing so both are the same good quality...will report back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now