Talk

Advanced search

joining a new knitting group?

(6 Posts)
Chottie Mon 05-Jan-15 07:29:41

Hello - I am joining a new knitting group, any advice from anyone please?

Lifesalemon Mon 05-Jan-15 18:22:02

Don't take along anything to knit that's too complicated. If you are nattering as you are knitting its best not to have to concentrate too much. Save the lacework for later grin

CaulkheadUpNorth Mon 05-Jan-15 18:26:07

Leave on time.

I know that sounds stupid, but I run a knitting club at work, and the amount of people who "forget" when it finishes and then want to do an extra row, finish something etc drives me mad. I love them all dearly, but I wish they would leave on time!

NannyMcfanny Thu 08-Jan-15 11:16:09

I run a group in a pub so people can leave whenever they like.
I found drinking and knitting isn't a good mix though.

Theas18 Thu 08-Jan-15 16:29:23

My knitting group meets in Starbucks and sometimes in the pub. Timing is very fluid. Agree knitting and drinking are not a good combo unless it's very easy!

Enjoy your group. All but one ive encountered are brilliant. As for the other, well let's say we are " the judean people's front" and they are " the people's front of judea" or vice versa!

drspouse Thu 08-Jan-15 16:36:46

I'm in one too, it's very informal. Don't be put off if no-one can tell you exactly what time people turn up/nobody is there for the first five minutes/there are only 2 others the first time. But do feel free to ask for advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now