Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy lovely buttons?

(12 Posts)
NakedFamilyFightClub Sat 27-Dec-14 19:58:47

I've been making this cowl - http://www.mooglyblog.com/artfully-simple-infinity-scarf/ and the button on the tie on the website is absolutely beautiful.

Has anyone seen any online shops that sell anything like that? There's nothing like that in any of my local haberdashers.

thenightsky Sat 27-Dec-14 20:01:37

link here

Best buttons I've ever found have been on markets. Got some stunning ones, like big poppies, from Ulverston indoor market and some pearly carved ones in Durham indoor market.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 28-Dec-14 07:52:06

I've got some lovely buttons from ebay and Etsy but it is almost pot luck finding them.

pebblepots Sun 28-Dec-14 08:00:31

How about trying Hobbycraft?

NakedFamilyFightClub Sun 28-Dec-14 19:11:42

Thanks for the replies, it's sounds like eBay and etsy are my best bets! I've had a look at hobbycraft but they don't really have what I'm looking for.

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 28-Dec-14 19:29:58

I've bought buttons from her before http://www.textilegarden.com/buttons-intro.htm

shockofred Mon 29-Dec-14 01:14:48

www.thepolishedbutton.co.uk if vintage buttons are of interest? smile

shockofred Mon 29-Dec-14 01:15:57

[[www.thepolishedbutton
co.uk]]

RavenRose Mon 29-Dec-14 22:21:49

I'm not sure where you are but duttons for buttons have an amazing selection. There's branches in York, Harrogate and Ilkley. Also they do mail order. The one in blog photo looks very like the type of thing they carry. It might be worth an emailing them?

RavenRose Mon 29-Dec-14 22:24:30

www.duttonsforbuttons.co.uk/index.html

Sorry forgot link!

thenightsky Mon 29-Dec-14 22:34:02

Oooh Duttons for Buttons. Love that shop in Ilkley. I got all the bits for my wedding and bridesmaid dresses there.

NakedFamilyFightClub Tue 30-Dec-14 10:00:18

Oh, wow, Duttons is perfect. Thank you!

Do you think they'd let me move into one of their shops to drool over the buttons? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now