Talk

Advanced search

Knitted toy I can knit clothes for?

(5 Posts)
GingerbreadPudding Thu 18-Dec-14 17:31:45

I am due a baby girl in January and I'd like to knit her a toy (teddy? Badger? Some kind of animal?) and I'd like it to be one I can knit clothes for. I don't think I'm clever enough to design my own patterns for a toy. Does anyone know of a pattern for a toy and accompanying clothes. I think I could personalise clothes but not write patterns from scratch. I love the idea of the toy having some of the same clothes as my little one

What do you think?

Lifesalemon Thu 18-Dec-14 23:14:44

Firstly Congratulations flowers
What a lovely idea. I can't personally recommend any but I have seen at least a couple of books on amazon recently with patterns for a knitted teddy and a selection of clothes, think there was a nice doll one too. They usually have customer reveiws to give you an idea about wether they are worth buying and sometimes a feature to enable to look inside the book.
Might be worth a look on etsy too. I love the instant download pdf patterns as you don't have to wait for dispatch and you can start knitting straight away.

InvaderZim Thu 18-Dec-14 23:20:36

I am a big fan of Little Cotton Rabbits and they have clothing patterns too. smile

Lifesalemon Fri 19-Dec-14 16:24:25

Oh, they are lovely invader

GingerbreadPudding Fri 19-Dec-14 17:42:53

Those cotton rabbits are SO cute. I had two black Labradors so now I'm thinking maybe I could make one but change the ears and make it look like one of our dogs. Loving the little jumpers too! Thanks you :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now