Talk

Advanced search

Can anyon recommend on-line shops for lovely (tasteful) knitting bags and/or sewing boxes please?

(11 Posts)
Slowcommotion Fri 05-Dec-14 16:35:14

Looking for Christmas presents: one knitting bag and one sewing box. Can you recommend any good (reliable) on-line shops please?

Have to deliver to continental Europe.

Thank you!

AutumnDragon Fri 05-Dec-14 16:50:13

I've used these people before - I'm not sure if they do International deliveries though.

www.craftythingsdirect.co.uk/sewing-baskets-36-c.asp

Slowcommotion Fri 05-Dec-14 18:03:37

Thank you for that link AutumnDragon, I'll investigate it ... .

Any other suggestions, please keep them coming!

PolterGoose Fri 05-Dec-14 19:04:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Slowcommotion Sat 06-Dec-14 11:35:05

I'd like it to be long lasting so I don't mind paying a fair bit for good quality PolterGoose

Went straight to Cath Kidston but wasn't that inspired ... .

Will check out John Lewis and that Namaste one looks very sophisticated! Thank you!

perfectlybroken Sat 06-Dec-14 11:37:39

I'd be tempted to have a look on etsy for something handmade

GloriousGloria Sat 06-Dec-14 11:50:22

I'd be more tempted to go to a local craft fair for things like this.

Lovely items made by local people that put time, effort and love into the things they make.

I've bought lots of haberdashery items at my local craft fair.

PoinsettiaGordino Sat 06-Dec-14 12:06:17

I have that exact namaste bag it is lovely

What sort of style of knitting bag are you after op? I presume the sewing box is for staying at home, but is the knitting bag for at home or out and about? If out and about I find small drawstring bags best as you can just put them in a larger handbag and there are lots of handmade ones on etsy or at craft fairs. If at home, then one of those ones that come on a wooden frame (scroll down here to see what I mean) can be very handy but again you would probably find nice handmade ones on etsy etc. people who do craft themselves often make those sorts of things very practically because they know what is needed

Slowcommotion Sat 06-Dec-14 12:25:37

Thanks Perfectlybroken I've looked on NOTHS but forgot about Etsy!

That would be lovely in theory GloriousG (I like to see things close up too!) but sadly am up against a bit of a deadline and craft fairs not so prevalent where I am. Will bear in mind for next year though!

PoinsettiaG I like the spotty vinyl ones on that link - thank you - I shop at Sew Essential quite often so don't know why I didn't think to look there! Think I am going for larger 'at home' styles as it is, in both cases, a present for someone who really deserves a bit of serious cheering up.

lurkerspeaks Tue 09-Dec-14 23:09:00

As a knitter you can never have too many zip pouches.

I have a small one approx 5"x 3" for carrying notions (stitch holder, stitch marker, scissors, tape measure and highlighter pen) out and about with me and a much bigger one at home (the one at home is a repurposed Dermalogica toilet bag) to store my enormous stash of notions.

If you are nifty with a sewing machine you could probably make at least one of these for the really personal touch (or luxe fabric, I would love a liberty one personally….)

Slowcommotion Tue 09-Dec-14 23:54:05

Thank you Lurkerspeaks that's a good idea! Sadly, I am a little too late/disorganised for sewing projects this year, but will definitely keep in mind for next!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now