Talk

Advanced search

Christmas snood for DH help

(3 Posts)
oolaroola Thu 27-Nov-14 18:22:47

My DH would like some kind of snood thing for Christmas. I recently started learning to crochet and would like to make him one.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good men's pattern? Don't think the lovely granny stitch one that I like would cut it with him.
Also quite baffled about all the different yarns there are. I was thinking of making it in a nice brown or grey and wanted something lovely and soft, not scratchy but washable.
Any pointers would be so welcome.....

Ingles2 Thu 27-Nov-14 18:31:52

Hi oola.. Have you had a look on ravelry? There are tons of free patterns on there..
on a quick look, this is a nice pattern www.happyberry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=136#.VHdsTr5j6UU and it uses Debbie Bliss paloma which is a gorgeous soft braided alpaca at £6.95 (I own a yarn shop hence knowing the yarn smile
also Purl bee have a gorgeous pattern which is easy and good for men
www.purlbee.com/2013/09/19/whits-knits-crocheted-rib-cowl/
I have hooked this using Rowan Cocoon which is similar, but obviously you can use what you like.. good luck.. just remember both patterns use US terms :D

oolaroola Thu 27-Nov-14 19:20:55

Thankyou very much Ingles, both of those look fab and the second one looks pretty easy even for a beginner like me.

Am a bit nervous of using such lovely wool, have only been using cheap acrylic up til now.
What a lovely job, I can't go in the haberdashery/market now without eying up all the beautiful yarns and colours. You must have a lot of projects on the go.
Am intending to learn to knit next too, although I musst get the hang of crocheting in the round, I'm terrible at it so far - think I need some proper stitch marker jobbies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now