Talk

Advanced search

Selling - is there a way around this?

(5 Posts)
Flossyfloof Thu 27-Nov-14 09:26:11

A local person has asked for someone to make her some Christmas fare. I make wonderful mincemeat and have said I will do her some. It is not cheap, not the way I make it, anyway! She is happy to pay but I don't have any kind of food hygiene certificate and no public indemnity insurance. Would it be ok for her to pay for it? To be honest I don't mind only charging for the ingredients but if I could make a couple of quid that would be good.
What do you think?

Flossyfloof Thu 27-Nov-14 09:26:35

Obviously I would be super-aware of hygiene

3bunnies Thu 27-Nov-14 09:35:01

You can do an online food hygiene course however probably only worth it if you think you might do these things more often. You could give her a list of ingredients to buy, or buy them and give her the receipt and ask for reimbursement. I did that when I made a cake for someone. I made it clear that I didn't expect any payment. Iirc she gave me a gift voucher as a thank you.

Flossyfloof Thu 27-Nov-14 11:10:23

Thanks. I have just been looking at an online course, they are only about £20 but that jar off mincemeat would have to be an expensive one!!

Givemecaffeine21 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:47:09

When DH was looking into it, he just had a guy come round and assess the kitchen for hygiene etc - quick and simple. Never went anywhere mind so I'm no expert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now