Talk

Advanced search

present idea for sil: expert crocheter but short on time!

(8 Posts)
rockinghorseShit Fri 21-Nov-14 16:43:50

Shes got two little ones aged 1 &2 so not much time to herself but hopefully she will have an odd hour or so to herself now the baby is getting a bit older.
Its her birthday just after Christmas so thinking of getting her something crafty she would enjoy doing.
I was thinking of getting her a book on hooked zpagetti and a ball of yarn, but cant find a book I really like.
I think I need to go to a shop instead of looking online-- any ideas please?

Lifesalemon Fri 21-Nov-14 23:00:04

What about one of the zpagetti kits to make herself a bag. I presume you get everything you need included. They have some completed bags on display in our local wool shop and they are lovely.

PookBob Sat 22-Nov-14 20:14:42

If she is an expert crocheter, I'm not sure that I would go for the hooked zpaghetti yarn and patterns as they aren't very challenging.

What does she normally make? Clothes, blankets, amigurumi?

Ladyface Sat 22-Nov-14 20:29:25

What about some vouchers from Deramores or Black Sheep Wools?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Nov-14 14:31:37

Order her a beautiful box of yarn from one of the bespoke dyers such as Cuddlebums or devon sun yarns. She can spend time on Ravelry choosing a project then gets to make it one of really special yarn.

Lifesalemon Mon 24-Nov-14 14:58:44

Lonecat I wish you were choosing my christmas present. I would love that.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Nov-14 15:52:47

Life I just think about what I would like as a crocheter. Sadly know one who is buying me a present knows about these lovely boxes.

bouncinbean Mon 24-Nov-14 16:10:47

As a crocheter I would probably not be too bothered about patterns or a book - already have plenty of those and its very personal what I would like versus someone else's opinion.
But I would love some good quality yarn - merino wool or some wool blended with cashmere or silk.
Before I started doing this I didn't appreciate the difference of beautiful wool over nasty acrylic!
If you think she would like to make things for her little ones then I love using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino for my DD as it is machine washable.
If you're not sure what wool/colours then definitely vouchers for Black Sheep would get my vote.
I've not heard about the bespoke dyers - that also sounds wonderful, but for me I love doing kids things and a high wool content plus machine washability are high on my priority list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now