Talk

Advanced search

Colour pick - what would you choose?

(15 Posts)
Swannykazoo Tue 18-Nov-14 21:13:12

Lovely friend is upduffed. She did my make-up for my wedding & is super stylish. Am planning on a crochet baby blanket with scalloped stitch I saw somewhere in merino. Don't know what she's having.
This is the wool website here
What do you all think about heather, dark purple and grey? Any suggestions? Three colours & can't be arsed with making boy and girl version...

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 13:08:08

Very nice.

I do wonder if the Heather and purple are too similar and too different to the grey if that makes sense.

I have the purple here and it's a lovely colour BTW. A bit bluer than it looks on my screen so I wonder what the Heather is like in real life.

yomellamoHelly Wed 19-Nov-14 13:11:59

I'd go for vibrant green instead of grey with the heather and purple. What are your friend's favourite colours though? Would try and go for those.

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 13:21:13

The green is not a good colour in real life. It's very bright and harsh.

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 13:23:47

The lime is very nice

Givemecaffeine21 Wed 19-Nov-14 13:45:00

I'd probably go lighter colours with a gender-not-known baby. Maybe light grey, light sky blue and lavender....or very classical light grey and off white...then when bump arrives you could quickly do a scalloped edge in a shade of pink / purple or blue / green so it seems more tailor made to the baby.

Are you thinking squares or granny style or stripes cos that makes all the different to my mind...

Swannykazoo Wed 19-Nov-14 14:15:22

Thanks for the pics Owl - very vibrant indeed! Colours look really different at work compared to my laptp at home so agree Heather + purple a bit too samey.
Stripes caffeine - I'm thinking maybe white and grey stripes might be the way forward. Or maybe grey and light grey. Genius idea with adapting the edge once their born though.

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 14:23:22

This is mint, light grey and off white plus ice blue for a boy border. I don't have any pink!

Swannykazoo Wed 19-Nov-14 15:49:38

The mint, off white + light grey are lovely together I must say. My friend wears a lot of black which is maybe not so baby friendly! Grey is such an unusual colour for a baby (Archers quote from Radio4)

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 16:30:02

I could spend hours messing about with colour. I wish I had the whole range...

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 16:32:13

If you go for just greys and white, a coloured edge may look odd.

Swannykazoo Wed 19-Nov-14 17:08:04

Good point. I too would love to buy a whole load of lovely wool and imagine I had lots of time to do lots of creative things....

Swannykazoo Wed 19-Nov-14 17:10:19

maybe light pink, lavender and light grey or grey, then I can do the border in either lavender or light pink. <hopeful> do you have of these Owl?

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 19-Nov-14 17:14:34

I did a ripple baby blanket in sublime this year. I used white, lemon and grey and they looked lovely together.

OwlCapone Wed 19-Nov-14 17:20:56

I don have the pink or the grey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now