Talk

Advanced search

Sewing machine project for redundant Granny

(4 Posts)
florentina1 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:13:01

Is any one able to recommend a book or give me advice on small sewing machine projects. I have a bought a very basic machine and would like to try my hand at patchwork or something similar. Also what other equipment will I need, that won't break the bank. I am only going to do this for myself, but might like to try dolls clothes.

linstormin Fri 14-Nov-14 01:24:07

Hi Florentina,
How basic your machine is not a disadvantage, mine is a 'basic' 1920's treadle Singer forward only, but with a variety of attachments it can out run
any modern machine. Including quilting(several layers) appliqué,pleats,ruffles,tucks etc.etc. and never overheats.
My basic needlecraft book is ancient-1935, styles change but not 'how to' it is
The Big Book Of Needlecraft gives a grounding on all crafts-even a couple of
pages on how to maintain your machine. Most 2nd hand/charity shops have a few project books on their shelves. and of course there is always internet video clip how tos on that tube site. Happy Sewing1

berceuse Fri 14-Nov-14 10:26:11

This is a lovely book, full of ideas for small things to make. I bought it in the spring and still haven't got round to making anything ... but I will!

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1446300390/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

florentina1 Fri 14-Nov-14 10:49:34

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now