Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Easy crochet shawl pattern.

(6 Posts)
strawberryblondebint Sun 09-Nov-14 09:19:32

Hi. I am a knitter but recently started to crochet. Have knocked out a couple of lovely baby blankets. Attic 24 etc but really want to do a shawl for my adult sister for Christmas. I have some gorgeous fingering weight variegated yarn in Browns and creams but can't seem to find an easy nice pattern. Have tried ravelry but nothing's really jumping out. Has anyone got a tried and tested shawl pattern. Want one that requires minimal concentration so I can watch telly at same time. Thanks

strawberryblondebint Sun 09-Nov-14 12:40:36

Bumping. Still on the hunt and crochet hook twitching

VirtualPointyHat Sun 09-Nov-14 13:01:12

Theres a nice one in the stitch and bitch crochet book.

or if not what about this moogly one? You would need to make it wider, but pattern is easily adaptable

In terms of ease, I am making it watching a house marathon

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sun 09-Nov-14 14:20:28

The Southbay Shawlette is lovely, it's a free pattern from Lion (you just have to sign up to their website first) although if you google it the pattern chart comes up as an image
It looks complicated, but it's just two rows (only uses treble stitches) and once you get into the swing of it it is easy

I've made it twice, here, here and I've just started one in a 4ply yarn as a gift for someone

strawberryblondebint Sun 09-Nov-14 15:01:38

Awesome. I had looked at the Southbay one. I hate charts so that put me off. Next lesson is to learn how to read them. Can't decide now. Pantry your work is gorgeous

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sun 09-Nov-14 15:31:23

On Ravelry (or the lion site) there are written instructions for the Southbay - it is much easier than it looks.
After 4 rows you can work without the pattern and watch TV at the same time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now