Talk

Advanced search

Knitting casting off help please

(6 Posts)
tessa89 Fri 07-Nov-14 19:10:27

I cannot understand this instruction:
Cast Off Row: Slipping first stitch (OK) and working twice into next and every alternate stitch, cast off.

I am working on 2mm needles so everything is quite tricky, I cannot get my head around this instruction.

Violetcloud Fri 07-Nov-14 20:25:19

Would a video help? I can never remember how to do it so I follow this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMAUORm-GK4

PolterGoose Sat 08-Nov-14 10:50:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tribpot Sat 08-Nov-14 11:03:44

Violet, that's a video of a standard bind off, what the OP has to do is something quite odd. Is it the top of a sock? (I would guess so on 2mm needles). In which case I would just choose a very stretchy bind off - I like this one (although I knit through the back loops), Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off is very popular, Sewn Bind Off also very good for socks (esp with a rib top).

OP if you want to post a link to the pattern we may be able to help more. I'm intrigued!

Justwhateverreally Sat 08-Nov-14 11:25:39

I think Poltergoose has it.
I vaguely remember having a cast off like this at some point, it might have been a lace project. You knit into the front and back of the stitch then cast the first two stitches off, leaving you with one stitch on the right hand needle. Then repeat. I think.

Justwhateverreally Sat 08-Nov-14 11:26:24

It creates a kind of bobbled edge effect. If it's the cast off I'm recalling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now