Talk

Advanced search

Child safe paint??

(6 Posts)
TheHermitCrab Thu 30-Oct-14 11:29:08

Hi All,

I'm not sure which is the best thread to ask this question, so if someone thinks I should be somewhere else let me know! smile

I've got a wooden dolls house and furniture that I would like to paint (it's all plain at the moment) And I'm not sure what is the safest paint to use for children's toys? I.E if a child chews on them or just general day to day use.

I'm looking for small tins of various colours that I can work with... any brand or type of paint that can be recommended.

Or if it is best painting it with anything... and then varnishing/sealing with something child friendly?

Any suggestions welcome!!

RockinHippy Thu 30-Oct-14 12:29:57

I just used normal household paints, They are lead free & safe etc you can buy the tester pots cheaply

TheHermitCrab Thu 30-Oct-14 12:54:37

Thanks RockinHippy

As in the tester pots of matt or silk you would paint your walls with? Wasn't sure whether that would be safe if a little un started chewing on the wooden painted furniture of the house?

RockinHippy Thu 30-Oct-14 13:14:41

No worse than if they chew a door or wall & not something they would do much of if supervised anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I can't remember for certain, pretty sure I used Matt on the outside, but I'm away from home atm, so can't check. We used the free printable wallpapers, flooring & tiles from Jennifers Printables, flooring & tiles printed onto gloss photo card & wallpaper printed onto normal A4

HTH

TheHermitCrab Thu 30-Oct-14 13:20:44

Thanks!

I don't have a printer, using real carpet and wallpaper for the floors and walls, already got all the wooden furniture but just want to spruce it up with some paint and make matching furnishings smile

beauty1 Thu 12-Nov-15 13:36:44

I'd try www.nurserypaint.co.uk/ they have voc free paints safe for children in beautiful colours!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now