Advanced search

Waistband elastic with holes!

(11 Posts)
PigeonPie Mon 05-May-14 22:37:21

Whatdoes - glad my thread has helped you too!

whatdoesittake48 Mon 05-May-14 08:22:56

I searched high and lo for this a while back - it isn't easy to i know what they call it - many thanks!

PigeonPie Fri 02-May-14 20:42:15

Thank you folks - I found some in our lovely Wool Shop and bought a whole two metres at 80p a metre (last of the big spenders me!).

dawntigga Mon 28-Apr-14 19:48:13

Aberkan has some, I noticed it last time I was there.


LackaDAISYcal Mon 28-Apr-14 19:47:19

lots on ebay in different colours or try local haberdashers.

It's called buttonhole elastic.

MuddlePuddle Mon 28-Apr-14 19:45:49

I have bought it in the past from John Lewis, if that is any help.

Your sewing shop should have it.

PigeonPie Mon 28-Apr-14 18:53:18

I would have done that, but as luck would have it, I have just given away all DS2's old trousers! Typical!

Anyway, I'll see if our sewing shop has got some in the morning.

ClubName Mon 28-Apr-14 18:50:16

I have been know to pinch a bit from an old pair for this very purpose

PigeonPie Mon 28-Apr-14 18:49:39

Thanks stealth - you're a superstar!

stealthsquiggle Mon 28-Apr-14 18:48:19

Lucky guess, but I googled and was right - it's called "buttonhole elastic"

PigeonPie Mon 28-Apr-14 18:46:22

Help please!

Does anyone know where I can get 2cm wide waistband elastic for boys' trousers? It's the stuff which has the holes in so that you can make the waistband smaller with a button.

The elastic in DS1's very 'favouritist' trousers has gone and I need to repair them, but I don't know what I'm looking for and googling '2cm waistband elastic' hasn't brought anything up.

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now