Talk

Advanced search

Bergere de France knitting

(3 Posts)
Flossyfloof Wed 02-Apr-14 15:18:04

I want to knit a Bergere de France poncho. Sizes are Small-Medium, Large-XXXLarge. I am a 14 top (big boobs). Do you reckon I would be better with the Large? I have never done one of their patterns before and can't make a link work, sorry!

frozentree Thu 03-Apr-14 08:07:42

I'm part of a knitting club here in France and we tend to mainly use Bergere de France patterns and wool. I think their patterns are on the small side as I started knitting a jumper for me (medium) and I ended up giving it to my super skinny 13 year old daughter as it was too small for me (also big boobs). I would say go Large!

Which poncho are you knitting?

Flossyfloof Thu 03-Apr-14 09:31:22

Oh dear, I posted a reply just now but it seems to have gone.
I suspected that this might be the case, Frozen so thanks for that. it is the cably one, with cuffs. It is, apparently, their best-selling pattern ever. I asked my knitting group last night and we worked out that there is little difference in shoulder width for the two sizes and most of the difference is in the length. Not sure I was concentrating that well though because I had had a little drinky (we are a rubbish sociable knitting group!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now