Talk

Advanced search

Help - Brownies Tonight!

(16 Posts)
PsychicPaper Mon 31-Mar-14 14:08:07

The award of the most disorganised brown owl goes to me!

Brownies tonight, last one before Easter, and literally nothing planned.

We have some craft supplies, lots of white A4.

Cant do Easter egg hunts due to allergies

Any ideas????

pookamoo Mon 31-Mar-14 14:16:52

bunny ears/ masks?

momb Mon 31-Mar-14 14:18:24

easter egg hunt with paper eggs: A5 size eggs, get them to colour in. cut each one into five or so pieces and spread them around on the floor. No running. The six with the most correct jigsaw eggs wins.

make easter chicks or bunnies: will you have chance to get flannels from the pound shop? own-two-hands.livejournal.com/46859.html

Do you pass a supermarket on the way? Mine really enjoyed writing on eggs with candle ends and then we boiled them with onion skins or food dye: they each had a personalised egg for their lunchbox next day.

Google brownie easter games. There are lots of ideas on guiders and boguk. Goodluck!

Ragwort Mon 31-Mar-14 14:22:59

Easter Egg hunt as momb suggests, or design your own Easter Egg, make cards, make bunting, design menus using eggs (link to cookery badge/Healthy Eating) - also worth searching for ideas on the Cub Scout website.

Lots of 'printables' available on the net - word searches etc with an Easter theme.

Have fun.

(ex Akela here grin).

redskyatnight Mon 31-Mar-14 14:24:12

2.5 paper plates each, and some coloured paper (pink works well, but any colour will do). Googly eyes and cotton wool and ribbon if you have them.

Use one plate for the rabbit face, then cut and ear shape from the 2nd plate (hard to describe but basically take a crescent moon type shape out). Stick the rest of this plate to the back of the whole plate so you have a "holder". Cut another ear out the remaining half plate.

Stick ears to plate, decorate plate to look like Easter bunny.
Put tissue paper and mini eggs/small gifts in holder - or just tell the girls they can use it for storage.

PsychicPaper Mon 31-Mar-14 14:33:21

Love the paper plate idea, but no budget left at end of term :S

I think design your own Easter egg sounds like a great idea smile

sausagefortea Mon 31-Mar-14 14:42:46

Bunny masks...
media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/1200x/43/e2/bb/43e2bb0b078b42bc96c09b2e2b72733f.jpg

Have you got a laminator?

Easter bookmarks with the paper....then laminate? Designs with chicks n bunnies? Or make cards

sarahndipities.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/how-to-tuesday-fingerprint-bunnies-and.html

Or suncatcher....but in Easter design. Not sure you'd need the plate, just cut out laminated sheet in bunny or egg shape?

artfulparent.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55246b63f8834015432a80456970c-pi

Middleagedmotheroftwo Mon 31-Mar-14 14:45:27

Talk about the meaning of Easter - that will take at least 20 mins of your evening up!

Get the girls to act out a play in their Sixes, all about Easter.

atthestrokeoftwelve Mon 31-Mar-14 14:48:58

"the Meaning of Easter"- which version?

Nocomet Mon 31-Mar-14 15:15:25

Pound shop, paper plates are unbelievable cheap for huge piles (DD uses them as disposable acrylic paint pallets)

Middleagedmotheroftwo Mon 31-Mar-14 15:47:07

Any, or all versions, depending on the make up of your unit. Religious or not, they need to realise it's not all about rabbits, and chocolate eggs.

atthestrokeoftwelve Mon 31-Mar-14 16:05:45

Isn't it?

BreakingDad77 Mon 31-Mar-14 17:14:35

Easter / Mothers day (bit late) Poem maybe illustrated?

PsychicPaper Mon 31-Mar-14 20:15:01

We did easter egg designing, one of them covered it in crucifixes, so they dont seem to be completely ignorant of "the meaning of Easter"

I as an overweight atheist rabbit owner, am quite happy for it to all be about chocolate and bunnies wink

Wabbitty Tue 01-Apr-14 19:59:57

Easter is based on an ancient European goddess of the dawn (named Eostre) who entertained children by changing her pet bird into a rabbit. The rabbit then laid coloured eggs which she gave to the children.

How is that NOT about rabbits and eggs?

atthestrokeoftwelve Tue 01-Apr-14 20:04:23

wabbity- seems all good to me! I don't see much mention of eggs and bunnies in the bible!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now