Talk

Advanced search

Die Cutters - Any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
BigBoobiedBertha Fri 28-Mar-14 12:00:33

i want one primarily for fabric so the Accuquilt Go seems to be the best bet but can any of the others cope well with fabric and offer a range of dies that would make piecing easier? I am thinking various sizes of squares and triangles rather than just shapes for applique. I am thinking of the Sixxix or the other one I have seen which is the Brother Scan n Cut (that might be expenisve I have no idea)

Can anybody recommend a die cutter for fabric at all?

Thanks.

DrewsWife Fri 28-Mar-14 12:10:27

I am a crafter and demonstrator and sizzix does. Sizzix also do a range of quilting dies for your fabric.

In theory all machines should work. I know my friend uses her cuttlebug to cut felt using dies.

Sizzix website frequently has sales on dies too.

DrewsWife Fri 28-Mar-14 12:10:57

No experience in the brother cut and scan.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Fri 28-Mar-14 14:12:14

I have a sizzix big shot for cutting my fabric and I love it. I bought mine online from Cotton Patch but Cutting Edge Crafts are great for dies.

Last week I cut hundreds of perfect teeny hexagons in one hour. Wonderful.

DrewsWife Fri 28-Mar-14 15:47:32

I use Samuel Taylor's website. Thy also stock fabric and are based in Leeds. Shopping for dies and fabric in one place x

GemmaTeller Fri 28-Mar-14 16:50:50

I have a Sizzix Big Shot and love it.

It cuts multiple layers of felt and fabric and my DIL used it to cut her placecards and others bits for her wedding.

I buy dies from Sizzix, Cutting Edge Crafts and ebay

BigBoobiedBertha Sat 29-Mar-14 15:25:03

Thanks ladies. It seems the Sissix is worth a look then. The only adverts I have seen seem highlight the paper cutting - card making and scrapbooking - but not the fabric. I did think that it would probably cut fabric but it wouldn't be much good if it didn't have right dies to cut the regular patchwork shapes or if it could only cut one or 2 layers of fabric at a time. As a quilter, I want something that can cut at least 3 or 4 layers of fabric at once.

Thanks for your help. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now