Talk

Advanced search

Would like to do dressmaking course (pattern cutting/fitting etc)....

(5 Posts)
craftykits Mon 24-Mar-14 14:00:49

Did O'level needlework many years ago and than have done lots of dressmaking since. My one weakness is fitting and adaptation of patterns and I thought I'd quite like to find a course.

On the internet there seems to be a lot of "local" courses for beginners and then online distance learning, more theory based courses but I'd like more of a practical course....

I live in the South East and have access to London.........

Any ideas where to look ?
Many thanks

Flossyfloof Mon 24-Mar-14 15:11:46

Try your local fabric shop, lots of them do lessons. I often get offers from Amazon as well.

chattychattyboomba Mon 24-Mar-14 15:15:57

I recently did a 2 day course at the old school club (Battersea) closest station Clapham junction. I'm sure if you look in your local fabric store there would be people advertising courses.

DPotter Mon 24-Mar-14 15:21:46

check out your local authority adult education. I'm in Thames Valley and was just talking to our fashion tutor about Pattern adapation etc.

RavenRose Mon 24-Mar-14 16:06:48

Definitely try local adult ed centres. Our local college had a 10 week pattern cutting course which starts in April. Sadly it's in the afternoon and I work so I had to pass on it. I did try to get 10 weeks on Thursday afternoons off but it wasn't happening. We are not London but one college may have something going in the summer term?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now