Advanced search

Art on canvas- how do you do this?

(4 Posts)
Tansie Sun 23-Mar-14 18:57:28

Let me explain- I am interested in knowing what the process is where you sort of it seems print collage images onto a box canvas canvas so the end result looks like a really detailed painting but is printed not brush-stroked onto the canvas.

It can't be that expensive or, indeed, difficult as DS's school has examples from last year's GCSE Art coursework on the wall in Reception. They went to a RHS garden and have made up collage/montages of the images the took, presumably photographed on the field trip, overlaid with fancy font wording. I know it must all be compiled on a computer, but it looks really cool and I was wondering how it's done!

Any ideas?

Owllady Sun 23-Mar-14 20:04:01

If I have read your post as I have...then if you have an inkjet printer, you can print this special paper abducted transfer into fabric vis iron
Or you print onto normal paper, apply a transfer thing which us in a tube, then transfer onto fabric that way
I have forgot what it's called but they sell it all in art/hobby shops

Owllady Sun 23-Mar-14 20:06:36

Omg it has changed loads if my words !
Inkjet printer. Special paper. Iron to transfer image
Or inkjet printer, normal paper, transfer substance (comes in a tube), transfer onto fabric that way

You can send off various computer files to transfer to canvas now via various companies

Tansie Mon 24-Mar-14 08:13:08

I must admit I was thinking 'what?' at your first post, Owl!

I must do some more research.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now