Advanced search

What is this Thingy called?!? Tin puncher

(6 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Sun 23-Mar-14 10:42:33

It's a little hand tool that you use to punch tin cans - thought it was a mandrel - nope, seems to be an add on for a dremel, don't have a dremel.

Then I thought it was an awl but I don't think so now.

So what is the thingy I need to use to punch holes in tin cans to make lanterns?

Catsmamma Sun 23-Mar-14 10:47:40

just a hammer and a nail...or a screwdriver for slotty holes

this is something i keep meaning to do...I am going to start saving tins :D

LaurieFairyCake Sun 23-Mar-14 11:10:34

Both of those just buckle the tin as there's nothing tin shaped to put behind it confused

Seminyak Sun 23-Mar-14 12:25:22


bryonywhisker Sun 23-Mar-14 12:30:53


bryonywhisker Sun 23-Mar-14 12:32:19

If you want to make lanterns, fill the cans with water and freeze, while it's still frozen, punch the tin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: