Talk

Advanced search

Great British Sewing Bee patterns in The Telegraph - I'm a complete novice to sewing with a pattern

(4 Posts)
stoptalkingmoredoing Sat 22-Mar-14 08:32:30

After making DDs world book day costume on the sewing machine I have decided I would , like to learn to sew using a pattern. DH has come home with The Daily Telegraph which has The Great British Sewing Bee booklet in it and it has a tunic in the booklet which I think I could make and it would be a great beach cover up if I made it in a light cotton rather than silky material and there would be no slipping!

The patterns are in the end of the booklet and it says to enlarge by 500%.

Can I just take them to staples or a photocopy place and get them to do it? Is it really that simple?

I'll come back to my post in at lunchtime because I've got to take DD to swimming and dancing lessons, so don't think I'm ignoring any answers.

TIA

HanSolo Sat 22-Mar-14 08:35:04

I'm just marking my place as I'm going to buy this later...

desperateforaholiday Sat 22-Mar-14 08:42:48

Ooh thanks, I will buy this myself today, I would think most printing shops could enlarge it for you, not sure how much it would cost though, it would probably be cheaper to buy a pattern

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:01:45

I recently had a pattern from a magazine enlarged at Staples. I can 't remember how much it was but I am sure it was under £1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now