Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Rowan fine art yarn??

(6 Posts)
nothernexposure Thu 20-Mar-14 20:58:12

Just wondering if anyone had knitted with this. I excitedly sat down to have a go at my first pair of socks, tore the band off and looked for the end... and looked and looked a bit more but cant find one! I have found about 4 knots that look deliberate and seem to have 2, 3 or 4 strands in them. Am I meant to unknot these and use these as strands of yarn or have I managed to buy a really duff lot of yarn (would be sods law if I have as I bought it on a day out 80 mile away). Any experts out there?

OwlCapone Fri 21-Mar-14 07:18:23

Having googled it, it comes in a hank rather than a ball. I think the hank will have the end tied round and knotted and you have to undo this and then wind the hank into a ball. You have to do this or you end up with a huge knotted pile of yarn I believe.

Dutchoma Fri 21-Mar-14 19:49:46

Yes, it needs to be balled up. Hang it over the back of a (preferably upholstered) chair, undo the knots and wind it into a ball. Or get your dh to hold it up for you.

Dutchoma Fri 21-Mar-14 19:52:10

Google: how to wind a skein into a ball.

OwlCapone Fri 21-Mar-14 19:53:51

I used to be the skein holder for my gran smile

Dutchoma Sat 22-Mar-14 08:46:36

My father was mine and my mother's. He loved untangling knots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now