Talk

Advanced search

Attic24 ripple blanket question

(6 Posts)
TheHuffAndPuffALot Mon 17-Mar-14 20:31:02

I've just started my first major crochet project and, after a bit of practice, I'm at row four.

This is probably a bit of a daft question but can I just check whether the stitches on top should match the row below, eg tr2tog above a tr2tog, or if it should be tr2tog above 2 tr into one chain space?

TheHuffAndPuffALot Mon 17-Mar-14 20:38:27

Sorry, pressed post too soon.

I'm asking as I appear to have lost a couple of stitches along the way, so having to deviate ever so slightly from Lucy's pattern and want to make sure I get it right!

And any tips for getting me back to the number of stitches I started with would be great too.

JellyCurls Mon 17-Mar-14 21:28:24

I am rippling too and on top of a crest I have my two trebles into one stitch going into the second treble of the two trebles into one stitch in the row below.

On the trough, On my two half trebles together (can't remember what they are called), the first half Goes into a normal treble and the second half into the top of the two half trebles

Does that make any sense?

TheHuffAndPuffALot Tue 18-Mar-14 06:39:34

Yes, that makes perfect sense thanks.

I persevered with it last night and it's looking OK.

OwlCapone Tue 18-Mar-14 11:01:14

If you are actually losing stitches, the most common place for this is not doing 2 TR into the chain space at the end of a row.

When I'm doing a ripple, I make sure that the increases and decreases all stack neatly on top of each other so I never have to rip out too much if I've made a mistake!

whatdoesittake48 Tue 18-Mar-14 15:07:32

I am doing this blanket right now too. I have taken to holding my blanket up to the light and making sure the gaps between the tog tr line up. the one on top will be slightly to the left of the lower one. But mostly I just check I have done 4tr before I do the increases or decreases.

I have been doing it for a few weeks now and still am only about one third of the way...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now