Talk

Advanced search

Yay! Did my first craft fair!

(5 Posts)
Kikithecat Sat 15-Mar-14 09:45:09

It was just a little local one but it was fun and I sold a few small pictures. The great thing is it has given me more confidence to go into my next (bigger) event, and I got lots of good tips from fellow stallholders.
Just wanted to share with other crafty people!

MrsWickens Sat 15-Mar-14 16:38:03

Yay sounds fantastic! I bet it was a great feeling to make those sales. What are the tips you got?

Kikithecat Sat 15-Mar-14 21:58:14

The tips were mainly about other local fairs where people
thought my work would sell well. But also pricing: I sold only small pictures as I presume people didn't want to spend too much. Someone pointed out that it probably takes nearly as long for me to do the small pictures as it does for the large ones - true, so maybe I should charge a bit less for the big ones and hopefully start to sell them more.

MrsPennyapple Mon 17-Mar-14 16:36:02

Take a range of sizes - then people can spend as much or as little as they like. You never know who's looking out for a birthday present or similar, and might just splash out if they see the right thing. Besides, if you take the larger ones, you might sell them, but if you don't take them, you definitely won't smile

Kikithecat Mon 17-Mar-14 18:45:29

I did take a range of sizes MrsPenny, what I meant was that only the small ones sold. Maybe I could have priced the large ones a bit lower and then they may have gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now