Talk

Advanced search

Weaving project using fabric - help!

(4 Posts)
AnyoneSeenMyMarbles Thu 13-Mar-14 09:42:17

We are doing a big weaving project at school - we have made a frame with wires going vertically and the idea is that the children will weave in fabric or ribbon. Does anyone know what we do with the ends? Do we tie them to the wire/frame? Tuck them in? Leave them loose? Any ideas, very gratefully received.... Adding a picture of kind of what we are after (though ours is unambitiously unbendy).

Smudge588 Thu 13-Mar-14 10:44:46

I would think tucking the ends in would be fine. I have done similar projects with kids and that's all we've done although we haven't tried to keep the finished item for a long time or had it outside in the wind! I don't think the kids would have got very far if they had to tie them as it would be quite fiddlely. If they are woven through the wire they will hold well without being tied.

AnyoneSeenMyMarbles Mon 24-Mar-14 20:06:54

Thank you!

OwlCapone Tue 25-Mar-14 11:46:24

I guess you could thread large beads or tether decorations (feathers? Little bells?) on the ends of some to make a feature of the ends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now